Adult Martial Arts Classes
- “Do I have to be in good shape to take martial arts?”
Not at all! Truth is, many people use martial arts as a way to get in good shape. It beats going to the gym because of the fun and camaraderie in our classes. People come to us out of shape, and get in amazing shape in just weeks.
- “Playing around in my PJs seem more like a kids thing. Am I too old to take adult martial arts classes?”
The answer is simply No. Besides, not all our classes are traditional programs with uniforms. Martial arts is for everyone, and our classes are filled with adults of all ages, genders, and levels of fitness levels. You will get to participate and train at your own pace, and work towards your training goals.
- “I want to get in great shape like some of those MMA fighters, but I've heard martial arts is violent. Is it true?”
The answer is simply No. Martial arts is for everyone, our classes are VERY safe and filled with adults of all ages, genders, and levels of fitness levels. What IS true is that pro-fighters are in phenomenal shape; however with our program, you don’t need to be an mma competitor in other to be fit like one.
- “I want ‘real’ Self Defense. Do you have this?”
What many of us have grown to think of martial arts is quite far from the truth. Our goal is to teach practical self protection skills while balancing that with modern civility. However, we also believe in combat proficiency, so if a hostile situation does ever come about, the skills you learn are effective in protecting you and your loved ones.
Kids Martial Arts Classes
- “Will kids hapkido self-defense, karate, Jiujitsu teach my child to be aggressive?”
Absolutely not! In fact, it’s quite the opposite at our school. Our teachings are age-appropriate with an emphasis on life skills and positive character building. Kids are taught self protection while emphasizing values such as focus, respect, and self-discipline.
- “What's the right age for my child to start martial arts, karate, tae kwon do, jiu-jitsu classes?”
We’ve founds kids respond well to martial arts as young as age 4. The younger kids are separated from older ones, and pre-teens and teens in a separate program. Each group is taught using an age appropriate curriculum that is well structured, appropriately challenging, and tons of fun for the kids.
- “My child is beginner. Is there an appropriate time of the year to enrol with other beginner children?”
We have organized our lessons in such away that new children can enrol at any time. Martial arts is the kind of thing that there is always something new to learn, and previous things to get better at. Our revolutionary kids curriculum keeps classes fresh and never boring. Our team also provides hand-in hand training for new kids.
- “How many kids are in my child’s classes on average?”
We manage our children’s classes really well, and parents love our 5-to-1 student-instructor ratio. We maintain limited enrollment spots in some of our programs, so your child is getting proper attention and supervision in every class.
* Family martial arts classes Toronto at Evoke Martial Arts & Kickboxing School. For program specific FAQ, simply click on the program you’re interested in from the selection below.
Contact us to get started with one of our programs… (416) 440-2828